Duotech Services and Tactical Air Support
Fighter squadrons face shortfalls in Adversary Air Support (AdAir) for combat training due to budgetary shortages and a lack of truly advanced threat replication. Tactical Air Support and Duotech Services are poised to provide training assets that represent current threat capabilities with the F-5 and NEMESIS® RADAR at a very low-cost point. Tactical Air Support’s F-5 platform, with Nemesis RADAR installed, is the best AdAir solution in the market today, with an unrivaled combination of performance, sustainability, safety, and growth potential. In a joint development program, Tactical Air Support, and Duotech Services have designed a purpose-built RADAR to support the AdAir market by presenting a solution that is:
capableutilizing modern RADAR techniques
- Ability to quickly add additional RADAR capabilities to meet AdAir training requirements
- Threat replication via unclassified and classified means
- Fast, highly upgraded aircraft fly realistic adversary intercept profiles, offering mission-critical situational awareness and assessment capabilities
- The most sustainable and maintainable AdAir platform for greatest uptime of both aircraft and RADAR
Real World Threat Replication
FAAC Incorporated is the leader in simulation for training and research. Duotech’s NEMESIS RADAR is integrated with FAAC’s real-world threat replication software. FAAC Zone Acquisition Process (ZAP) software provides high-speed missile simulations capable of running much faster than real-time with limited resources.
ZAP relies on faster-than-real-time 5-DOF embedded weapon simulations to determine trajectory parameters. The ZAP trajectory simulations match the available intelligence 6-DOF simulations. This results in highly accurate display information over the entire flight envelope.
ZAP provides reliable shoot cue information and allows a meaningful allowable steering error to be displayed. After launch, ZAP computes the current time to impact using actual tracked target maneuvers and continually assesses the shot quality and provides an indication of predicted endgame success.
Duotech’s Ultra Wide Band waveform design and generation provide leading threat replication capability. Direct synthesis and receiving allow for training options previously unavailable.
Tailor Made Mechanically Scanned Antenna (MESA) RADAR
- NEMESIS is a tailor-made Mechanically Scanned Array (MESA) RADAR meant for aircraft which cannot house a full DELTA RADAR
- NEMESIS will conform to current aircraft avionics bays, standard rack structures and utilize existing power and cooling
- NEMESIS can employ an array aperture optimized for the current aircraft radome, thus no costly structural modifications required
- Utilizes a proven X Band Solid State Power Amplifier technology for a higher mean time between failure, higher clutter improvement factor and lower out of band emissions compared to tube-based amplifiers
- Duotech’s Receiver / Processor LRU, also utilized in the DELTA RADAR, utilizes modern processing technology to optimize RADAR performance
- NEMESIS upgrades and retrofits eliminate any obsolescence or supportability issues
- Fully supportable with Duotech’s ARTES ATE and our proven depot-level repair expertise spanning four decades
Mechanically Scanned Antenna
Custom designed antenna solutions in 12-16 weeks (27 dBi-38 dBi)
Scalable arrays to maximize or limit radar performance
Scalable array architecture in X Band
Wide bandwidth and high power handling
Beam steerable options available
Rapid prototyping and final solution builds
Fully digital feedback motion control system
Solid State Power Amplifier
Gallium Nitride (GaN) solid-state transmitter: available at multiple power levels to meet desired results and price point
Solid State Transmitter provide graceful degradation: no single point of failure so radar can continue to operate.
Multiple power options available
High reliability (MTBCF up to 10X). Mean Time Between Critical Failure increases by magnitudes over a tube-based transmitter.
Lower sustainment cost due to less frequent failures and modular design. Up to 90% Reduction in Operation & Sustainment costs versus comparable 4th generation fighter aircraft radar systems.
High reliability, high-efficiency transmitter leads to greater operational readiness
Lower Out of Band Emission to reduce interference from adjacent radar and other transmitters.
Receiver / Processor
Adaptive processing and channel analysis
Open architecture hardware design (e.g. VPX VITA, AXIe, 802.3, and other standards)
Standards-based tools and languages (VHDL, C#, Java, Matlab Coder)
Modern processing techniques for legacy platforms
Integrated master display and user interface when central computer unavailable
User installable application
Receiver / Antenna Driver
Solid-state motor drivers for
Dehydrator to remove moisture form
System temperature monitoring
Up / Down signal conversion
Radar Warning Receiver
- Able to integrate with Mission Computer systems or operate stand-alone
- 10% of the cost compared to currently available systems with the same signal sensitivity
- Expandable technology to cover 2GHz to 18GHz
- ARGUS Radar Warning Receiver
Nemesis RADAR has been integrated with modern mission system software and cockpit in the Tactical Air Support F-5 Advanced Tiger™ bringing a 5th generation cockpit to a 3rd generation aircraft. The Nemesis tactical radar interface gives operators a vast array of control, display, and configurability options.
Nemesis High Power: PN 3600500, 4.0kVA, 59kg
Nemesis Low Power: PN 3601300, 1.8kVA, 40kg
Frequency: X Band
Key Interface: Ethernet
Track While Scan
Single Target Track
Helmet Mounted Cueing
Doppler Beam Sharpening
Sea Surface Search and Track
Interleaved Air & Surface Modes
Helmet mounted cueing
Tactical data link
EW system (jamming)
IRST position handoff
Weather Awareness Mode