Quality ManagerLearn more and apply below
Quality Manager at Duotech Services
Duotech seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Manager (QA) responsible for overseeing the Quality Assurance process and the Quality Management System as well as the continued certification of the company in ISO9001 and AS9100 in support of the overarching goals of the company. The Quality Manager will lead with the authority and responsibility to task individuals not necessarily in their supervisory chain with the support of management. Expected travel is less than 5%.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years relevant experience minimum and ISO9001 Internal Auditing Certification
- Ability to work independently as well as work with and lead a team of individuals across functional areas to success
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Understand and implement Risk Management principles
- Demonstrated experience in quality based Inspections and Audits in a Defense aerospace products-based company with at least a ISO9001 certification, AS9100 certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a Defense company with Design/Development processes, manufacturing, and maintenance and repair
- Strong attention to strategy, implementation, delegation and follow up
- Working technical knowledge of Defense related products in general and Radar, Avionics/Sensors in particular
- Experience in Export Control, ITAR and FAR/DFA
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project customer, cross-functional teams, management and assigned personnel to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for required deliverables
- Ensure processes and procedures for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained. Report to Top Management on QMS adherence and performance
- Review and investigated QMS non-conformances as well as implement corrective actions
- Manage project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives seeking continuous process improvement
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Work with other managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within assigned responsibilities
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
The individual must be capable of preparing and presenting detailed reports and presentations to management, vendors, and customers, thus a high level of competence in both written and spoken English is required.
The individual must be competent in mathematics necessary to perform the required calculations and to be able to understand technical papers and discussions.
The individual shall be capable of working with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No other special certificates, licenses, or registrations are required. However, the individual will be required to pass certifications relative to the job. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual must be capable of carrying equipment up to 30 pounds for reasonable distances, electrical test equipment, and environmental test equipment, to be able to type on a computer keyboard and to use a computer mouse or other suitable pointing device and to travel in automobiles or common air carriers for travel purposes.
The primary work environment shall be in an office, and manufacturing floor. The individual may be required to travel both within the US and throughout the world, and may be subject to a wide variety of work environments, to include travel to areas that are desert, tropical, mountainous, etc.
The individual may be required to apply for, and receive, a security clearance issued by the United States Department of Defense. Employment, therefore, may be subject to obtaining and maintaining a clearance with United States Government.
How to Apply
Email Resume to Human Resources: Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their resumes to Careers@DuotechServices.com or drop it off at our office located at 245 Industrial Park Road, Franklin, North Carolina between the hours of 9 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday.
Duotech Services, Inc. is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in Franklin, NC. Our facilities are located one hour from Asheville, NC and just over two hours from Atlanta, GA. Our region is filled with great adventures including fishing, hiking, and biking and other exciting outdoor activities. The history and southern hospitality of the mountains of western North Carolina make our part of the world a wonderful place to work, live, and play.