Business Development ProfessionalLearn more and apply below
Business Development (BD) professional
Duotech seeks an experienced Business Development (BD) professional responsible for capture management and customer interface for current/future business opportunities, supporting the company’s strategic growth objectives through sales and service of defense products. The BD Director will lead a cross-functional team to seek out and win orders, meeting or exceeding assigned sales targets with the support of management. Expected travel is around 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Working technical knowledge in Defense products/electronics in general and airborne Radar, Avionics/Sensors in particular
- 5-10+ years experience in capturing new business in Defense related products
- Ability to work independently as well as work with and lead a team of individuals across functional areas to success
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills; understand and implement Risk Management principles
- Strong attention to strategy, implementation, delegation and follow up
- Experience in Export Control, ITAR and FAR/DFAR
- Able to grow/seed requirements at the end user level to develop new opportunities
- Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth through proposal development activities
- Military background is a plus
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances
- Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills
- Work closely with project customer, cross-functional teams, management and assigned personnel to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for proposal development efforts
- Attend trade shows, conferences and other events to best understand end-user needs, develop relationships, and provide information about company products and services
- Develop and mature professional relationships with potential customers from the US Government (DoD, DHS), other Defense related companies, suppliers, and potentially foreign governments or industries
- Work with other managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within assigned responsibilities
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
The individual must be capable of preparing and presenting detailed reports and presentations to management, vendors and customers, thus a high level of competence in both written and spoken English is required.
The individual must be competent in mathematics necessary to perform the required calculations and to be able to understand technical papers and discussions.
The individual shall be capable of working with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Besides a PMP, no other special certificates, licenses, or registrations are required. However, the individual will be required to pass certifications relative to the job. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual must be capable of carrying equipment up to 30 pounds for reasonable distances, electrical test equipment and environmental test equipment, to be able to type on a computer keyboard and to use a computer mouse or other suitable pointing device and to travel in automobiles or common air carriers for travel purposes.
The primary work environment shall be in an office, and manufacturing floor. The individual may be required to travel both within the US and throughout the world, and may be subject to a wide variety of work environments, to include travel to areas that are desert, tropical, mountainous, etc.
The individual may be required to apply for, and receive, a security clearance issued by the United States Department of Defense. Employment, therefore, may be subject to obtaining and maintaining a clearance with United States Government.
How to Apply
Email Resume to Human Resources: Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their resumes to Careers@DuotechServices.com or drop it off at our office located at 245 Industrial Park Road, Franklin, North Carolina between the hours of 9 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday.
Duotech Services, Inc. is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in Franklin, NC. Our facilities are located one hour from Asheville, NC and just over two hours from Atlanta, GA. Our region is filled with great adventures including fishing, hiking, and biking and other exciting outdoor activities. The history and southern hospitality of the mountains of western North Carolina make our part of the world a wonderful place to work, live, and play.